- Independently owned and operated.
- New Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Plushtop mattresses in every room. Want one? Just call Door County Interiors and Design and they'll help you!
- Renovated in 2008 using environmentally-friendly construction materials and practices.
- Steps from the city's waterfront and finest shops and dining.
- Live music onsite weekly.
- Historic downtown Sturgeon Bay's only motel, and Door County's first.
- AAA, AARP, and Military Discounts available (must present card at check-in)
- Early check-in and late check-out available upon request (check-in is typically at 3pm, check-out at 11am)
- Owner operated management lives on-site so you know there is always someone close by to help you at anytime day or night!!!
- Free high-speed wireless internet in all public spaces and all guest rooms.
- Mini refrigerator/freezers in all guest rooms.
- Flat-screen televisions in all guest rooms broadcast over 70 free premium cable channels of wide variety in full color.
- Complimentary breakfast featuring hard boiled eggs, danishes, oatmeal, cereal, doughnuts, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, toast, juice, milk, and fresh coffee (and more!!) served in our diner from 7am until noon to accommodate both our early and late morning risers.
- Express checkout is a piece of cake! Since we process payment at check in, just drop your keys at the front desk on your way out and you're good to go!
- Air-conditioned in warm weather and heated in cold. You control your temperature.
- Box-fans in every room (great for people who like to have white noise or extra air circulation)
- Diner's microwave, coffee pot, toaster, etc. available 24/7 for guest use.
- Telephones, alarm clocks and hairdryers in all rooms.
- Coat closets and full four-piece bathrooms in all guest rooms.
- Microwave available in King Deluxe room 237
- Coffee makers available in select rooms (229, 234 and 237). Want one in your room? Just ask!
- Vending includes candy, snacks, and soda, as well as complimentary ice and chilled filtered water.
- Outdoor seating, fire pit, and well-maintained lawn space available for guest use.
- Live music weekly at The Tambourine Lounge (our private social club located next door to the motel).
- Well-behaved and freshly bathed pets welcome in all first-floor rooms (120-128) for just $8 a night. (**PLEASE READ OUR PET POLICIES BEFORE BOOKING... click here for more info**)
- Children 5 and up are welcome. Kids 12 and under sleep free.
- Artfully appointed contemporary-retro interior features the motel's original 1950s Simmons furniture, hand-blown glass fixtures by local artists (Popelka-Trenchard Glass) as well as photography and paintings by other talented local artists!
- Free bowling at the local Cherry Lanes with your Holiday Motel key.
What we DON'T DO:
Have any questions? Just give us a call! 920-743-5571
We do not require a deposit or charge a cancellation fee (*see our cancellation policy below for more information.) Some hotels/motels charge $10 or more (or even charge a larger deposit or a full night's stay!) for you to change or cancel your reservation weeks, even months, in advance. We've never understood this. We're in the business of accommodating travelers and understand that plans change and feel that guests should not be penalized for this. OUR CANCELLATION POLICY is 48-hrs in advance of check-in (4 or more rooms must provide 1 week to one month depending on what was agreed to at time of reservation). While we reserve the right to charge for a full night's stay if cancellation is received within less than the required time, EVEN THEN, the ONLY time we've ever charged anyone is if we were unable to fill the room (and believe us, we will try to fill the room). Sound fair? We think so, too!
We do not require a 2-night minimum stay. 2-night minimum stays are for the convenience of the hotel. We like to provide convenience for our guests. :)
We do not call your room right at check-out time to push you out and we do not charge for late check outs! Just let the desk know you'd like a late check-out and we will do whatever we can to accommodate your request!
- We do not charge for our wireless internet.
We do not accommodate late night partying in the rooms. Yes, we are a rock-n-roll motel but with this being an older building, we must be conscientious of noise issues and other travelers' comforts and needs.
We do not mislead our guests into thinking we are something we are not. While it was completely renovated in 2009, it still is an older building that comes with its quirks and charms. If you want friendly, clean, comfortable and unique accommodations, we feel confident that you will enjoy staying with us!!! Please read our reviews! :)
call direct at
Our building is not ADA accessibility-rated, but it is accessibile by a
wheelchair ramp at the front entrance, and all first-floor rooms
can be accessed by wheelchair. Please call for more info.
*NOTE: "Rates from $49/night begin November 1st" refers to our standardoff-season rates
and do not apply to transitional or peak season rates.
Rates may vary during the Holiday's special events.
Have questions? Feel free to give us a call at (920) 743-5571
or send us an email
See what's nearby...
Click HERE for a printable walk-around map of our immediate
surroundings, along with detailed information about
neighborhood bars, restaurants, and MORE.
This feature is rendered via ajax
Share photo gallery
Situated at the foot of the famed Michigan Street bridge, we're right by the water and sandwiched between Sturgeon Bay's West Side shopping district to the south and 3rd Avenue and Jefferson Street to the north.
Our grounds feature a picnic area with adirondack chairs, a picnic table, and a campfire pit available for guest use.
our bright and sunny lobby
The motel is a cozy place to stay year-round!
The motel is an integral component of Sturgeon Bay's annual Steel Bridge Songfest.
This is the entrance to our on-site recording studio.
It's just one block from our back door to the city's favorite shopping and dining strip, 3rd Avenue.
We feature live music on-site at least once a week! photo credit: tyhelbachphotography.com
Retro charm, modern convenience.